Do I need to have a Hunting license?

Yes.  In order to hunt at our location, you will need a valid Texas Hunting License.

Who needs to take Hunter Education?

  • Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete hunter education. Minimum age for certification is 9 years and cost is $15.

If you were born on or after September 2, 1971 and you are:

  • under 9 years of age, you must be accompanied*. ● age 9 through 16, you must successfully complete hunter education, OR you must be accompanied.
  • age 17 and over, you must successfully complete hunter education; OR purchase a “Hunter Education Deferral,” and you must be accompanied.

Can you handle a special event or corporate outings?

Yes, we are more than ready to handle your corporate event or outing.

Is your the ranch high fenced?

Yes, Dead Man’s Pass Ranch includes over 2,200 acres of high fenced prime managed country. It consists of 5 runs of hills and is 3 miles x 2.5 miles, with a differential in elevation of roughly 400 feet.

Does your ranch offer a shooting range to sight my gun?

  • Yes, our ranch offers a shooting range to sight in your gun.

I lost my certification card, how do i get a replacement?

You may now print a copy of your certification https://tpwd.elementlms.com/

Failure to carry proof of certification or deferral while hunting is a Class C, Parks and Wildlife Code Misdemeanor which is punishable by a fine not less than $25 nor more than $500.

What does "Accompanied" mean?

Accompanied means: By a person who is at least 17, who is licensed to hunt in Texas, who has passed hunter education or is exempt (born before Sept. 2, 1971), and you must be within normal voice control. Proof of certification or deferral is required to be on your person while hunting. Note: Proof of certification is not required to purchase a hunting license.

Do I qualify for a Hunter Education Deferral?

Any person 17 years of age or older who has not completed hunter education may defer completion for up to one year. A deferral may only be obtained once and is only valid until the end of the current license year. You must be accompanied while hunting if you have a deferral. Note: The one-time Hunter Education Deferral is available at license vendors (ACADEMY OR YOUR LOCAL SPORTING GOODS STORE AND MOST WALMARTS) and costs $10. A person who has been convicted or has received deferred adjudication for violation of the mandatory hunter education requirement is prohibited from applying for a deferral.

How much should I tip the Hunting Guide and Cook?

A typical tip for a hunting guide & cook is between 10-20% of your hunt Tipping your guide is not required but is very much appreciated.